(Updated on 25th November 2020)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the national Olympiad programme in Mathematics culminating in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2021 and European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO) 2022 is now a three-stage selection procedure instead of four stages.
- The first stage is a three-hour examination called IOQM organised by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association (India).
- The second stage will be an Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) organised by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), TIFR.
- The third stage will be the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC) organised by HBCSE.
Click here to visit the official HBCSE page on Mathematical Olympiad 2020-21.
IOQM (2020-21) Registration and Enrollment Details
Note for KV and JNV students: Students of Kendriya Vidyalayas and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are not eligible for the IOQM exam announced here. A separate qualifier exam (IOQM-KV and IOQM-JNV respectively) will be conducted for these students at a later date. Please await details of these exams on the KVS and NVS websites respectively.
Eligible students are invited to directly register and enroll themselves ONLINE for the first stage (IOQM) on the IAPT website. Please note that this is a two-step procedure common to mathematics and science olympiads. Once you register, please make sure that you complete the enrollment by making the payment of fees. A student who has not completed the enrollment for the examination will NOT be able to appear for the exam.
Last date for registration and completion of enrollment has been extended to DECEMBER 5, 2020.
To find out whether you are eligible for IOQM 2020-21 please refer to the details given here: Eligibility and Selection Criteria (PDF)
IOQM (2020-21) Examination Details
The IOQM exam is organised by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association (India) – MTA(I) with support from the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE).
Day and Date: Sunday, January 17, 2021
Time of exam: 9 am to 12 noon
Venue: Designated IOQM Centres
Type of exam: Three hour paper and pen exam with responses to be written on OMR sheet. The IOQM will have 30 questions with each question having an integer answer in the range 00-99. The syllabus and standard of this examination will be the same as that of PRMO of previous years. Sample questions can be downloaded from here
Language of the question paper: English and Hindi (Option to be chosen during enrollment)
If you are exempted from writing IOQM (that is if you have already qualified for INMO 2021 as per the selection criteria given here) and would like to appear in at least one of the Indian Olympiad Qualifier (IOQ) 2020-2021 of science subjects then please follow the steps given below:
- Complete your registration and enrollment for the IOQ in the science subject(s) that you are interested in by following the instructions at this link: https://olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/olympiads-2020-21/science-olympiad/
- Indicate the order of preference of Science OCSCs to complete the registration and enrollment process.
- Mail your complete list of preferences of OCSCs and IMOTC (including mathematics) along with your registration number to email@example.com after completing Step 2 above.
INMO 2021 Examination Details
For details of the INMO 2021 Examination go to https://olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/olympiads-2020-21/mathematical-olympiad/