- Name: The name of the society will be Mathematics Teachers’ Association, hereinafter referred to as MTA.
- Office Address: Homi Bhabha Centre For Science Education (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research), V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400 088.
- Object of the Society: The objectives of MTA will be to work towards improving the teaching and learning of mathematics and related areas at all levels – both inside and outside the formal educational system, in the whole of India. Its activities will include:
- Supporting the development and adoption of learning materials and teaching strategies that will enable learners to enjoy and discover mathematics.
- Holding conferences, seminars, workshops, reorientation programmes etc. aimed at teachers.
- Supporting the implementation of Olympiad programmes in the country through conducting exams, and holding training camps for students and teachers.
- Enhancing public knowledge of and interest in mathematics and related areas through a variety of media platforms.
- Publishing periodicals devoted to mathematics teaching and learning, and to sharing information and professional knowledge relevant to mathematics teachers.
- Coordinating with other national and international bodies having similar objectives, and
- Undertaking such other tasks as may be in conformity with the objectives of MTA.
- The following are the members, their addresses and designation, age, occupation and nationality, who are the members of the Executive Council of the above Association. And they are entrusted the work and management of the Association as per Rules and Regulations of the Association.
**List of founding members**
- We wish to form an Association and register the same under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and for that object we met today i.e. on 20/03/2018 and formed the above Association for registration.